Monday, October 15, 2007

Journal 9 is out, and a few new youtube posts


The Journal of Short Film Vol 9 is out this week. I watched about a quarter of it last night, and must admit it caught me off guard. This issue is a collection of video's in the "citizen journalist" vein produced by peoples indigenous to the subjects in the videos. Recent international media attention on government ordered violence in Myannmar (Burma), the humanitarian nightmare in Sudan's Darfur region, and even the overly marganalized issues of great importance such as forced labor in Brazil. All the video shorts are produced or distributed in partnership with WITNESS.ORG

Well, I have to admit once I joined the ranks of the unemployed, it's the little things that count.

For the first time in many months, my wife and I have spent more than an hour together doing little more than laughing. At what? Not much - perhaps one another, perhaps our indivisible fortune in having each other as life long partners... or maybe it was the way I announced I was making a cup of tea to enjoy with my coffee and beer last night.

I will take each laughable moment as it comes, for these tiny memories can sneak up later as defendable life monuments - proving that we had it good in 2007.

Speaking of tiny memories, here is a recently edited piece from an unspoken holiday in 2006. This is the first in a series of very short pieces which I will be creating using the following parameters:

1. three shots or less
2. ambient sound
3. minimal camera movement



M1, Daniel J King - 2007

No comments: